1.10.2010

Thanksgiving 2009

So it may be 2010, but I'm gonna blog like it's 1999, 2009. Thanksgiving 2009, to be exact. I went to visit my friend DJ who lives outside San Francisco for turkey day this last year. DJ's husband had to work Thanksgiving Day, so she and I spent the day on fun cooking projects.

We made pasta from scratch which neither of us had done before.


The pasta cutter machine.



DJ made the sauce from scratch before I got to town. It was yummy!


We also made two loaves of bread from scratch: one plain and one cinnamon.





Cinnamon Bread :)




The next day we went wine tasting at a couple of vineyards. It was a good day for wine tasting, but not a good day for siteseeing because it was cold, foggy, and raining.










On Saturday we walked around Palo Alto.




DJ made this pizza dough from scratch too. Sausage + Spinach +Pizza= Awesome.


Thanks for your generous hospitality DJ and Steve!!!

Stay tuned later this week as I get back into 2010 with a new post about my visit to Cabrillo National Monument.

1 comment:

Addie said...

Stos -- this looks amazing...missing dinner's at Stos's place...when are you going to make pineapple upside-down cake?