1.12.2010

Cabrillo National Monument

This past Sunday, I got to use the Garmin Nuvi GPS that my parents got me for Christmas and it easily guided me to the Cabrillo National Monument in San Diego. The monument is part of a large park and I went there because I read that it was a good place for whale watching, specifically in mid-January. By the time I arrived, I got so distracted by the beautiful scenery that I forgot about looking for whales.



The view of downtown San Diego.


I overheard someone say that you could see Mexico on the right.






The Coronado bridge.


The Cabrillo Monument.




















By the end of my visit, I finally decided to look for whales. As I looked for the whales, the battery in my camera died. I totally thought this was a whale tail, until I got home and zoomed in on my computer and found out it was a surfer. I may try to go back next weekend to see if I can find the whales.


Thanks for the GPS, Mom and Dad! It's Awesome!

Saty tuned next week...I am hopefully going to Palomar Mountain and Observatory.

No comments: