8.27.2008

One For My Homies



I have written this a bit in advance, but have decided to schedule this posting for while I'm on the road. I just wanted to take this opportunity to give a shout out to my Pittsburgh friends who have really put up with supported me through all I've been through in the last year and especially the past few months.

CARSEN: When I first asked if I could crash at your place, I really thought it would only be for a month - two at the very most. It ended up almost 5 months. My bad, dawg. You're gonna gets what's coming to you, mang. Thanks for putting up with me and listening to my countless stories. Did I tell you about the time???

YUKI: Yuki! Thanks for all the wonderful meals and girl chats. Come play in California! Quit!

AITON: I will never think of Vanilla Ice the same way again. Thanks for letting me store stuff in your basement. I have some extra trash cans if you and Hil need them. She'll be thrilled to have them in your house. I'm ready to start the next label design when you are.

HILLY: You are the best moving buddy ever! I owe you forever! Thanks for the empty cardboard box intervention. I didn't realize I had a problem til you stepped in. I now live virtually cardboard free and I have you to thank for that.

JANICES: My move back to Pittsburgh 5 and a half years ago started with me in Florida, driving north on 95. I called Janice and left her a voicemail that said.... "Hey Janice, I have a funny story for you". Two days later I was crashing in her living room where I stayed for the next 4 months.

She doesn't even live in the burgh any more, but this crazy girl (AKA my bestest friend) went to two different gas stations and got me gas cards for my trip. You da bestest!

ANNE: Thanks for coming to my last night in Pittsburgh get-together. You know that I always end up back in the burgh eventually. Thank you so much for the claddaugh key chain , gift card and note!

ADDIE: Thanks for coming up from DC to visit before I left. You rock, Matty not so much ;)

DREW and LINDSAY: I'm so glad I got to spend time with you both before I left! It better not be another 14 years before we hang out again!

PETE: Thanks for the super mixes!

SEAN: Thanks for the CDs! I will think of you as I do my car karaoke.

I miss everyone already!

3 comments:

Janice said...

you're the bestest! I miss you but I'm coming to Cali soon so you can't hide from me!

Carsen said...

YEAH you told me 'bout the time! I feel lucky, honored, dare I say, blessed, to have been CHOSEN as the one you crashed with here in the Burgh. Yuki and I miss you a bunch, and to answer your question: Yes, I do need a beer.

Hil said...

STOS~You leave as I can finally pronounce your name!!!! No need to thank me you have been a great friend, you have listened to me bitch cry and what ever else.... I miss you !!!! PLEASE NO Garbage Cans unless you can make us cool labels for them.... like for example: Hilly's Contamination Can; Angel's Electronic Can!!!! Also please design me a golf logo, I am going pro.....also i need a slogan for my shirts for the OCD race.... they are my shirts not the race shirts team hilz is so last year!!!!
love you much.....
hilly