5.14.2009

Red Bull Air Race Pics- Day 1

One of my childhood neighbors, Blair who I am also went to college with found me on Facebook and mentioned that she and her husband and friends were coming to San Diego for the Red Bull Air Races and suggested we should me up. I never would have heard of the event otherwise since I don't live downtown. It is an aerobatic air plane race where planes wind through a course as fast as they can while looking cool. It was a fun event and great to see a familiar face and get to catch up.

It was a bit overcast and the planes are really fast, so it is hard to get a non-blurry pic. I had to delete half the pics I took because the plane was gone by the time my camera actually focused and took the picture. You may have to click on some of these for a full-size view. Stay tuned, I will be posting video later this week.

















The jumbotron showing pilots before and during races.



The planes would sometimes clip the inflatable markers. Apparently these are made to be quickly fixable. They just replace the top section and inflate in back up.






My favorite pic...





The bridge and land in the background of most of these pics is of Coronado, the town I took the Segway tour. The planes would fly under the bridge as part of the course.




For more info on the races visit the website www.redbullairrace.com

Some pics of downtown...

1 comment:

Blair said...

LOVE the pics Lee-Anne!