11.27.2008

Thanksgiving in LA..pics coming soon

I was supposed to go to SF for Thanksgiving (sorry Dave and Judy), but I have to move to a new place Saturday, so I decided at the last minute to venture to Los Angeles for good ole turkey day. I left Oceanside Thursday morning and drove directly to downtown LA. What is usually a 90 min to 2 hour drive due to LA traffic, only took an hour. I didn't have long to plan this trip, so I was literally picking stuff to do and places to go Wednesday night.

My first stop was the Disney Concert Hall in downtown LA. I didn't pick it because it was Disney, I chose it because it was designed by architect Frank Gehry, who is one of my favorites. It's a really cool building. It made the whole trip whole it right from the start.

















The view of the LA times building from the steps of the Disney Concert Hall.


I then went to Santa Monica Pier and the Promenade shopping district. Both areas were fairly busy for a holiday.







I then walked to Venice Beach which was a way less weird place than I imagined. Still pretty weird, but fun and touristy at the same time.

This is one way of getting away with claiming to have the World's Best Funnel Cake


All in all, it was a good way to spend ole Turkey Day. I of course, had a nice steak lunch ;)

2 comments:

Carsen said...

That Frank Gehry building just looked at me.

Anonymous said...

That building hates you. It was looking at me. Quit looking at me building!